We have significant know-how and equipment for the implementation of Seaworthy & Long Storage Packing. We undertake the following types of transportation such as:
- Bulk Cargo by sea
- Combined (Multimodal, combined road transport)
- Road transport (domestic and abroad)
- Sea transport using containers (Dry Van, Open Top, Flat Rack)
- Sea transport using leased vessels
The company is located at a distance of only 15 km from the port of Patras, which essentially connects Greece to all countries in the European Union. We provide large temporary storage spaces on our facilities in accordance with any customer requirements.
Transporting steel structures, such as beams, columns, or entire steel-framed buildings, requires careful planning, logistics, and the use of specialized equipment. Here’s an overview of the process:
- Transportation Planning: Before moving any steel structures, thorough planning is essential. This includes determining the route, securing permits, assessing weight and size limitations, and considering factors like bridges, tunnels, and road conditions.
- Permits and Regulations: Obtain the necessary permits and comply with local and national transportation regulations. Oversized loads may require special permissions and escorts in some cases.
- Loading: Steel structures are loaded onto specialized trailers, such as flatbed trucks or lowboy trailers, depending on their size and weight. Proper securing and bracing are essential to prevent shifting during transit.
- Pilot and Escorts: For exceptionally large or heavy loads, you may need pilot vehicles or escorts to help guide and ensure the safety of the transport. They communicate with the driver and assist in navigating challenging terrain.
- Transportation: The steel structures are transported to their destination, with the driver following the predetermined route while adhering to all safety regulations. Transport may take place during non-peak traffic hours to minimize disruption.
- Unloading: Upon arrival, the steel structures are carefully unloaded. Cranes or forklifts are commonly used for this purpose. Again, safety measures must be in place to avoid accidents.
- Site Preparation: Ensure that the destination site is ready to receive the steel structures. This includes having a foundation in place, if necessary, and clear pathways for moving the components to their final positions.
- Assembly: Depending on the project, the steel structures may need to be assembled on-site. This often requires skilled construction workers, riggers, and specialized equipment like welding machines.
- Safety Measures: Safety is paramount throughout the transportation process. This includes securing the load, using warning signs, and following all safety regulations to prevent accidents and protect workers and the public.
- Environmental Considerations: Be mindful of environmental impacts. Spills or leaks of oil or other hazardous materials from the transport vehicles should be prevented and properly managed.
- Communication: Effective communication among all involved parties is crucial to coordinate the transportation and ensure the safety of the operation.
Transporting steel structures is a complex task that demands a high level of expertise and experience. It’s important to work with professionals who specialize in heavy haulage and steel structure transportation to ensure a smooth and safe operation.