The study and design of metal structures is an important and specialized area of the engineering and construction industry. This field covers the design and manufacture of structural elements and structures that use metallic materials such as steel. Metal structures can include buildings, bridges, towers, warehouses, oil industry structures, and more.
The design and study of metal structures requires the application of basic engineering principles, such as strength of materials, static and dynamic analysis, as well as knowledge of the techniques and specifications that govern metal structures. In addition, many factors must be taken into account, such as climatic conditions, geological conditions, load distributions and topographic features.
Some steps followed during the study and design of metal structures include:
- Definition of project requirements and objectives.
- Analysis of loads and conditions affecting construction.
- Selection of suitable metal materials.
- Static and dynamic analysis of structural elements.
- Design of connections and construction details.
- Calculation of resistances.
- Creation of technical plans and specifications.
Our company utilizes the latest technologies, such as:
- 4D – 5D ΒΙΜ (Βuilding Information Modelling)
- IFC (Industry Foundation Classes)
- ABSI (AVEVA Bocad Steel Interface)